IT is an industry of acronyms and buzzwords, we admit it. While it's easy to sink into the jargon, the concept behind unified communications is so simple, it's beautiful:
Unified communications use IP (Internet protocol) transport pathways to consolidate all of the different communication tools into a single, logical system that improves the user experience while reducing costs and management requirements.
Unified communications get all of those moving parts in sync in a format that's easy to manage and gives you incredible flexibility.
Use a web-based portal to set up new users, establish secondary numbers for call routing, and more! Here are just some of the benefits of a unified communications solution:
- Your devices are always in sync so your email is available on your computer or laptop, through web-based portals, on your smartphone and other devices so that you always have what you need.
- If you're not at your desk, calls into your office line can follow you to your cell phone, to another office number or to any remote location through Ring-Anywhere technology!
- You can set up your voicemail greeting from any phone so that you can quickly alert your customers or partners of your status.
- Voicemail alerts can be sent to you via SMS or email!
- Faxes automatically get delivered to your email inbox so you won't be tied to the fax machine at the office!
- Calendar alerts, notifications and reminders will also follow you. Control your calendar by staying up to date automatically; no more missing a desktop alert and rushing to catch up!
At Envoi Networks, we believe in the value of unified communications. We want you to be just as excited about it as we are, that's why we have one more important thing to share...